Sunday, August 9, 2009

Marathon Day!!


Well, yesterday was a true Marathon Day.... My husband and Daughter ran in the Provo River 1/2 Marathon!! I am so proud of both of them as this is a such a lifetime achievement!! It take a special person to have the strength and will power to run 13 1/2 miles!! (non stop) Our daughter Kayla gets this strength and endurance from her dad!! Not from me... running is so hard for me.. I am sure that if I really got into it.. I could do it... but I would only do it for the losing weight aspect!! Kayla's boyfriend, Isaac, and I were standing there waiting for the runners coming into the finish line and since you don't know exactly when they will be coming you just cheer every one coming on to the finish line!! It was really exciting and fun! I was so amazed at all the different runners! Of course I brought my camera and then it didn't work even though I had the battery charged (so I thought) and all!! Bummer! So then Isaac suggested I used my phone camera.... great idea... but then it kept timing out! I only got one photo at the end and almost missed Kayla coming through due to a crying baby!! I was disturbed that the parents were not paying attention to his needs!! Then I stood attentively waiting for my husband to come around the curve! I was just so proud of both of them... they weren't even winded!! I would have been dragging myself over the finish line with red blotches all over my face....(thats what happens to me when I get heated up!) I am so proud of them.. and if I can figure out how to get photos from my phone to my blog I will post one here.. PS I just received the new table topper from the quilter and I will be binding it today...so stay tuned for the finished result!!

1 comment:

Carmie said...

Congrats to Kayla and Raleigh! That is amazing!!