Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Such an honor!



Monday night I had the honor of being a guest speaker at a Quilt Guild Meeting held by one of my best friends Wendy Nygren (on the left pictured with another of my dear friends, Vicki Lish).  Aren't these two just the cutest!!

We started out the evening with a great dinner consisting of a delicious chicken casserole, salad, fruit and a wide choice of soft drinks!

 We had a short talk about quilt guild "business"... then I talked a little bit about how my business operates and how to get your designs in a national magazine.. and then we had a "show and tell " about patterns I have designed!  Each of the ladies then talked about a special event in their live or showed a new project in progress or finished!

 Leslie showed the group some wonderful quilts she is working on...

Then Wendy showed us her latest quilt made from one of my favorites..Hushabye by Tula Pink and a pattern by Anka's Treasures


We were also given a grand tour of Wendy's new sewing room and she is so organized!  It was great...  here's a sneak peak of her color organized fat quarters below!!  We all found out how much she loves scissors too!  (I know what I am getting her for christmas!! HA HA) All the ladies in this group are so fun and have a great time together!  I had such a great time and so appreciated being asked to talk to their group! Thank you ladies!!!


Look at this organization!!!

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Christine,
Looks like you had a blast. I am so sorry I had to leave early. It is such a fun quilt group. Great blog!

Christine said...

Wished you could have stayed! We did have a blast!

Linda said...

Hey Christine! I found you! Thanks again for spending your evening with us - everyone loves your patterns, and YOU! I'll be seeing you... :)

Peggy said...

Christine, I hope you are the person who is the owner of All My Bag & Quilts. I dropped by because of the interesting name of your site. I'm sorry I don't remember where I saw the name, I just put it in my favorites list. You have a lot of interesing things on your site. I will be back to look around more.
I like your music, too I am a senior citizen and I am looking for something to inspire me! One thing caught my eye; one of the songs on your play list. I had a friend who said whenever she felt dizzy or faint when she was driving she would say,"Lord you take the wheel for a while"! She passed away with out ever having an accident! So when I saw the song list with "Jesus you take the wheel", I had a good laugh.
Peggy