Saturday, December 26, 2009

Seattle!

Finally a little peace and quiet after Christmas!  I sure love the holidays, but the stress of getting everything done just about kills me!! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed lots of family and fun!


We spent a few days in Seattle and the moment I got off the plane I felt like I was home even though our real home is Colorado. This was our view of Mt.Rainer coming into Seattle!!  Isn't this beautiful? We only lived in Seattle 5 years but I loved it.... after a 2 year adjustment....ha ha. We arrived just in time for lunch at our favorite restaurant!



Azteca!!  And of course we had our favorite soup!! Tortilla Soup!!!!! I miss it already!!!

Then it was off for our first day of activities planned!  Of course we had to drive by our old neighborhood and stop to shop at our favorite stores located in Bothell, Wa at the local "Country Village" shops.  If you plan on going there... look for the big white and black chicken!! Sorry. the photos are dark...I had forgotten it gets dark early in Seattle in the winter!














Here is a small photo of the village (its much bigger than this)....just to mention a few...... there are small restaurants, shops of scrapbooking, fabrics, decorating, glass works, pottery, and ducks for kids to feed!  The first shop we visited was my old favorite...which has changed so much! It is much larger and full of great things!! Pottery, quilts, glassware and tons of snowmen!!...not to mention great snacks to eat too! It is called "The Weed Patch" and Janene was kind enough to let me take photos to share with you!!  Check out their website by clicking on this link:http://www.theweedpatchstore.com/ !!    Here are a few photos of this cozy little shop!




Hope you have enjoyed this short tour of Day 1!!  More of Day 1 coming tomorrow... it's a great quilt shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have two favorites in Washington and this one tops the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chat with you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Maggie Wu said...

Good place, cleaning street, fresh air... I hope I can have a travel there in my life.